Tuesday, June 15, 2021

HOW TO START LEARNING MUSIC (Part 3)


I am Anirban Chakraborty. Today I will discuss with you some of the Palta or Alankaras. When we sing or listen to a song, then we noticed a variety of voice variations in that song. If you can't do these variations of the voice very clearly, the expression of the song will not be complete. For this we should practice a lot more paltas. Sargam should be practiced. But today I will tell you how to build a palta and how to practice.

When making a palta, we have to think of 7 pure notes as 1, 2, 3 in this way. That means "SAA" means 1. "Re" means 2. "Ga" means 3. "Ma" is 4. "pa" means 5. "Dha" means 6 and "Ni" is 7. One palta is made with many phrases. But in phrase, the movement seems to be the same. That is, if I sing sa ga re in the 1st phrase, then it will be ra ma ga in the next phrase. That means I used 1, 3, 2 accordingly So in the same way it will be 2, 4, 3 in the next phrase. If you notice a little, you will understand that you write it consecutively in 1st phrase, it can be understood by writing it in 2nd phrase just below it. The note that I used in 1st phrase, the second note in the second phrase is used. That is

                                                                             1st phrase - Sa Ga Re (1 3 2)
                                                                         2nd phrase - Re Ma Ga (2 4 3)

This way we can create many kinds of paltas ourselves. However, at the very beginning of classical learning, some normal counter practice should be done.
For example : Sa Sa, Re Re, Ga Ga, Ma Ma, Pa Pa, Dha Dha, Ni Ni, Sa Sa (Upper). That's how I climbed which is called Aarohan. We have to descend in exactly the same way. That is Sa Sa (Upper), Ni Ni, Dha Dha, Pa Pa, Ma Ma, Ga Ga, Re Re, Sa Sa. In the same way, when we make a palta, we have to make two ascents and descents together. Otherwise the palta will not be complete.


I'm finishing Part 3 here today. If there is any difficulty in understanding any place, you must let me know in the comment box. I will try to answer your questions. If you have benefited from my posts, then let me know in the comment box please. Very soon I will bring the next part for you. Until then, you will be fine, stay healthy and support me. Thank you all very much

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, please let me know