Thursday, July 1, 2021

How To Sing Better

Hellow everyone. How are you all? I hope you are all very well. I'm getting a lot of replies on my phone from many of you. Many are asking a lot of questions. I am very happy to receive so many replies from you. Your good comments encourage me a lot. Today I will discuss one of your so many queries. I hope you all will benefited greatly. I would request you to read the full post. I hope you like it very much. Looking at the above title, you must have understand what I am going to discuss today. So let's get started.


When we send our child to a guru to learn music, we first think about when my child will sing. We teachers are also busy for teaching songs. But we have to remember that learning music is not just about singing. Saa Re Ga Ma - recognizing to these swars individually is learning music. There are many teachers who teaches to students very good. There are many teachers who teach very well and give practice some Sargam palta in the right way to students. But no teacher can be seen recognizing the 12 swars individually. It takes us 2 years to understand the importance of Mother in life. So it should take us 24 years to know the 12 swars. But we all run after the song first.

                                                


If you want to know the 12 swars, you have to know the distance of each swars from each swars. You have to understand the distance of higher shruti and lower shruti of each swars. When our voices are in perfect harmony with each swar then we have to practice Sargam in different ways. First of all we have to practice Saa Re Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni Saa (upper) in suddho swar. Each of these notes must stand for at least 15 minutes. Then Re Ga Dha and Ni - these 4 notes need to be practiced as komal swar. Then we have to practice each note one after the other together in suddho and komal. That means Sa, Re (komal), Re, Ga (komal), Ga, Ma, Ma (teevra), Pa, Dha (komal), Dha, Ni (komal), Ni, Saa (upper). You have to descend in the same way - Saa (upper), Ni, Ni (komal), Dha, Dha (komal), Pa, Ma (teevra), Ma, Ga, Ga (komal), Re, Re (komal), Saa (lower). Then we have to practice different notes in different ways. As such


1) Pa Ga Ma Ni Dha Ga Pa Re 

2) Ma Re Saa Dha Ga Ni Pa Ma

3) Re Ga Ni Dha Ga Ma Dha Sa (lower)

4) Ma Pa Saa Re Ga Ma Ni Dha Pa Ga Ma Re Ni Dha Ma Pa Saa (upper)


You don't just have to practice accordingly each note. In order to know each vowel very well, you have to practice practicing it in different ways. Here are some examples. In this way you will try to do it at that moment by thinking of some sargam in your mind and try to match it with proper tone. If it doesn't match, practice very slowly and then gradually increase the speed and keep practicing.


I'm finishing this part here today. I hope you all understand my point. When you can sing to the proper tune without the help of harmonium or any other instrument, you will know that your learn has been successful. If you like my posts, please share them with all your friends and follow my site. If there is any difficulty in understanding, please let me know in the comment box. I will try to answer all your questions. I will bring the next part for you very soon. Everyone will be fine and stay healthy. Thank you all very much.

3 comments:

If you have any doubts, please let me know